Phone (423) 663-3456
Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Sunday, June 25, 2017
June 25, 2017
Order of Service
Our church family is eager to meet and welcome newcomers and visitors. Throughout the year there are many planned fellowship opportunities as well as opportunity to visit before and after church services, Sunday School, and activities.
Please watch the Church Events Calendar to learn of more opportunities for fellowship.
Our Fellowship Hall is also available for use by the community; details.
Sunday School DETAILS
Choir rehearsal: Except for a Homecoming rehearsal (June 28) the choir is on summer hiatus at this time.
June 28: Homecoming Choir Rehearsal (7 pm)
July 2: Homecoming Sunday
July 16: Bowling Trip
August 13: Pool Party (local; at a member's home)
Dates: June 11- September 10
The Easter Breakfast video is here.
• The morning worship is broadcast on local cable channel 5 each Sunday at 2 PM.
• Please review the 2016 annual picture in the vestibule. Fill in any names you can, and check that your own and your family’s names are correct.
• An automatic external defibrillator has been installed in the choir room.
• The church is able to offer a wheelchair to any church attendee who needs this assistance. Please ask an usher when you arrive.
• The Presbytery of East Tennessee/Presbyterian Disaster Assistance NEWS
• Please consider making a pledge of financial support to the church for 2017. A form for your convenience is available at the church.
• Your gifts to the Souper Bowl of Caring, 2017 added $3,019 to the Scott County Food Pantry to help feed the hungry in our midst. Our Souper Bowl of Caring offering remains the highest in the state, outpacing much larger churches by $1,000 or more.
• Photos and videos that church members and friends have taken that could be used here on the church website are always welcome. Please speak to the pastor about transferring them to the church's webservant.
As a general guide, the church is using the Fellowship Hall at these times:
Sunday: generally until 2 pm weekly
Tuesday: second Tuesday evening, most months
Wednesday: Evenings, weekly except for summer months
June 17: Church will be in use all day and evening for a church-related event.
This Changed Everything
This Changed Everything celebrates the fruits of the Reformation while grappling with difficult questions about the legacy of division. Clearly, the medieval church was in dire need of reform, but could complete schism have been avoided? Why does the Protestant movement continue to splinter into ever increasing factions? How should we think about our divisions in light of Jesus’ passionate prayer that his followers be “one"?
• √ June 11: A Monk's Conscience
• √ June 18: A Monk's Conviction
• June 25: A Monk's Courage
• July 2: A Monk's Counterpart
• July 9: A MOnk's Competition
Episode II (July 16 - August 6)
Episode III (August 13 - September 10)
Adventures in Faith
Part I: June 11-July 16
Romans 6:1b-11; Matt. 10:40-42
Persisting in Adversity
Does God really love everyone?
Romans 6:12-23; Matt 10:40-42
Who is my "faith family"?
What are "consequences"?
Romans 8:1-11;Matt 13:1-9; 18-23
How can I know which way to go??
Part 2: July 23 - August 27
The Young Men's Bible Study group works from the Serendipity version of the Bible.
Photos by Tracey Stansberry
Your gifts to the Souper Bowl of Caring, 2017 added $3,019 to the Scott County Food Pantry to help feed the hungry in our midst.
Community information is believed accurate but can change without notice, as these venues have no formal relationship to the church.
Library E-mail • Telephone: 423.663.9320
Monday: 12 pm to 5 pm
Tuesday: 10 am to 2 pm
Wednesday: 12 pm to 5 pm
Thursday: 9 am to 1 pm
Friday: 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 1 pm
Huntsville Health Care
(from city website)